It is no surprise that Bookmarks are pretty helpful. They allow you to visit your favorite websites pretty quickly. So you don’t have to type down the URL of your favorite website and visit it. However, there are times when you want to delete bookmarks on your Mac device. So the question is, How to Delete Bookmarks on Mac?
Well, if you are looking for answers to this very question only, then I am here to help you out. I will be talking about all the steps that you have to follow to delete bookmarks on your iMac, MacBook or Mac Mini.
What is Bookmark?
When it comes to an internet browser, a bookmark is a simple method of saving a website’s address. You can bookmark any of your favorite URLs and pin it on the header of your browser. So you can easily visit the website or URL with just a click.
Bookmarks are a pretty useful method to find webpages faster or remember a page that you wish to visit later on. In other words, whenever you are creating a bookmark, you are simply creating a shortcut to that website or a webpage.
Also, you are allowed to access, delete, and view bookmarks at any time without any issues. Most browsers allow you to save or view bookmarks by pressing Ctrl+D or command+D on Mac.
Also, you can easily add a bookmark by clicking on the star icon located in the address bar.
How to Delete Bookmarks on Mac?
Before I go ahead and talk about how to delete bookmarks, you should know that each and every browser has a different way of deleting bookmarks.
However, to help you understand better, I am going to mention the steps for three of the most used web browsers, which are Safari, Google Chrome, and Firefox.
So go ahead and check out the steps given below:
Deleting Bookmarks in Safari:
- At first, launch Safari from your Mac computer.
- Once the browser launches, click on the sidebar icon from the top left side. The sidebar button will open all the bookmarks you have saved on your web browser. The icon is located next to the forward and back buttons in your browser.
- Then click on the bookmark icon, which looks like an open book, to list all your current bookmarks.
- Next, control-click on the bookmark that you want to delete.
- Finally, select Delete to delete the bookmark.
Delete Bookmarks in Google Chrome:
- First of all, launch Chrome from your Mac.
- Then click on bookmarks from the top menu.
- Next, go to Bookmark manager.
- Over here, you have to locate the bookmark that you wish to delete.
- After that, Control-Click the bookmark.
- Finally, you have to select the delete option to delete the bookmark. Also, you can delete multiple bookmarks at once in Chrome. For this, hold the Command key and select the bookmarks that you want to delete.
Delete Bookmarks in Firefox:
- At first, launch the Mozilla Firefox browser from your computer.
- Then click on the Books icon from the top right. The icon looks like an open book icon.
- After that, a sidebar will pop up on the left side of your screen.
- From here, click on the Bookmarks option.
- After that, you have to locate the bookmark you want to delete.
- Control Click the bookmark.
- Select Delete.
So that was the answer to your how to delete bookmarks on mac. Now go ahead and check these steps out and see how they are working out for you. Also, if you want to ask anything else, do comment below.