Last updated on March 19, 2021
Dropbox is one of the most used cloud spaces in the world for both individuals and small businesses. Here people can store and manage the data without worrying about any loss or damage, all you need is a good internet connection to upload and upload the files to Dropbox. At any time, you can delete files from Dropbox as well as add them. For starters, if you don’t want to pay, Dropbox gives you 2GB of free storage, to store files, videos, photos, and data without paying a single penny. Whereas, to get more storage upgrade Dropbox storage by paying a reasonable amount.
we will be happy to help you, submit this form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
In this article, we have explained different segments of Dropbox, which you need to know to make work easier and increase productivity. Transferring files from Dropbox to computer, downloading videos from Dropbox to Mac, PC, etc., tutorials have been covered in this line of the article.
How do I transfer photos from Dropbox to my computer?
There are two ways to transfer files from Dropbox to computer besides Photos, here’s how.
Method 1: use the Dropbox app
If there is enough space on your Mac and PC to download the Dropbox app, and you have no problem with it, it’s too easy to use the Dropbox app to upload files. from Dropbox on a computer. Here’s how to upload photos from Dropbox to MacBook Pro, Mac, and PC using the Dropbox app.
- Visit the download link and install the Dropbox app on your PC or Mac.
- Once the Dropbox app is installed, your files and photos will automatically sync with Dropbox.
- Locate the photos in the Dropbox app and copy them to the desired location on the Mac [Finder] and PC [Folder].
- It is the easiest way to copy Dropbox files to local storage on Mac and PC.
Method 2: use the web version of Dropbox
Dropbox also has a browser interface, it provides all the functions of the Dropbox app. If you don’t want to clutter up the PC with the Dropbox app, use the web version to upload the files and pictures to the PC and Mac. However, you will need a strong internet connection to download the files from Dropbox to your PC.
- Open the Dropbox link on any web browser.
- Enter the Dropbox credentials of the account from which you want to download the photos to the computer.
- Find the photos you want to download to the computer.
- Click Download, the download will start immediately.
How to save a video from Dropbox to your computer?
Saving or downloading videos from Dropbox is as easy as downloading files or photos from Dropbox. All you need is Dropbox credentials and you’re good to go.
- Go to Dropbox on any web browser and sign in with the login.
- Select the video from Dropbox.
- After selecting the video, click Download option on the sidebar.
- Depending on the internet speed, the video will be downloaded to your Mac or PC.
How do I download large files from Dropbox to computer?
Dropbox also has restrictions on storing and downloading data on PC. However, it might take a few minutes, but you can upload large files from Dropbox to computer with just a few steps.
- Access Dropbox on any web browser.
- Select a file you want to download and click the Download button.
- Sometimes, you will not be able to download the large folder which exceeds 1GB, in such cases, open the folder and download the large files individually.
- This is the only option to upload large files from Dropbox to MacBook, Windows.
How do I delete files from Dropbox while keeping them on my computer?
Unfortunately, at the moment, Dropbox does not allow you to delete files from the Dropbox account, but keep them on Mac and PC. Once a file is deleted from Dropbox, it will remain in the deleted files list, where you can recover it, but only for 30 days.
Apparently, if the Dropbox storage is full and you need the files, just copy or download the files from Dropbox to local storage and delete them from Dropbox.