Last updated on March 22, 2021
Updating default player on Mac will help save a lot of time and also help with repetitive task when we open media files from mac. Here in this article, I will see how to change default music or video player or Photos app for music, video files and photos respectively. Apple’s default app for these types of media files is Apple Music app, Preview app, and Quick Time player.
we are happy to help you, submit this form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Let’s change it anytime on Mac.
Follow the steps below for How to Create VLC Default Player? on Mac, MacBook
Navigate to the specific file type. for this you want to change the default media app on Mac. for me I change Mp4 video file to VLC media player from Apple QuickTime player.
- Right click on the media file [Video File] > Obtain informations.
- To see the Open with section> And Select “VLC” from the drop-down menu. If the installed Mac application does not appear in the drop-down list, select the program in the “Other” option.
- And click on the “Everything changes“button.
- you will get a pop-up window “Are you sure you want to edit all similar documents to open them with “VLC” app?”The change will apply to all documents with the MP4 extension. Click on the Carry on button.
- That’s all.
Repeat the same steps to change default media program on mac such as MOV, MP3, PNG file, JPG file, etc.
If you are looking for special video player for MKV file, here is the best MKV player for Mac.
Can I change the default music player for Spotify on Mac?
yes, we can change the default music player to Spotify on Mac. Spotify does not play these unsupported file types [.mp3, .m4p, .mp4, M4A]. For this, users need to use Other Media player like QuickTime, Apple Music app or VLC media player.
If you have set Spotify as the default music player, switch back to another media player. then follow the steps below,
- Access the media file > Right click on and click on “Obtain informations»Option> In the Open with section, select Apple Music or QuickTime.
- Click on Change everything button.
- That’s all.
First of all, there are the important steps to change or set the default media player on Mac, MacBook.