Xiaomi has just unfolded its first foldable phone – the Mi Mix Fold.
The device packs an 8.01 inch WQHD + AMOLED display with Dolby Vision support. When folded, you can continue to use it through a 6.52 inch flexible AMOLED display. However, its resolution is bizarre 2520 x 840. Not having a Full HD screen on the front is a bit disappointing.
To handle the folding and unfolding, Xiaomi says it specially designed a hinge and tested it 1 million times.
– Xiaomi (@Xiaomi) March 30, 2021
- Screen: 8.01 inch WQHD + AMOLED screen; 6.52-inch flexible AMOLED display with 90Hz refresh rate
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 888
- RAM: 12 GB / 16 GB
- Rear camera: 108-megapixel main sensor + 13-megapixel ultra-wide sensor with f / 2.4 aperture + 8-megapixel liquid telemicro lens
- Front camera: 20 megapixels
- Internal storage: 256 GB / 215 GB
- Security: Side fingerprint unlock
- Drums: 5, Dual cell battery 020 mAh
- Charging: 67W wired fast charge
The Mi Mix fold has a 108-megapixel main camera, a liquid-lens telephoto sensor and an ultra-wide sensor. All of this is powered by Xiaomi’s own Surge C1 ISP – the company’s first chip after four years. The liquid lens allows you to take photos with 3x optical zoom and 30x digital zoom. In addition, it also acts as a macro lens to take pictures of objects located 3cm away from the lens.
It also has four surround speakers when unfolded and two Harman Kardon speakers when tracked. It should be a nice addition to watching movies.
Just like the recently launched Mi 11 Ultra, the Mi Mix Fold also supports 67W fast charging.
In terms of software quirks, the phone has a desktop mode and an AI meeting assistant to help you with your work.
The Mi Mix Fold will be available in China from April 16. 12,999 RMB ($ 1978).
Did you know that we have a newsletter dedicated to consumer technologies? It’s called Plugged In – and you can subscribe to it here.
Published March 30, 2021 – 12:41 UTC